Thursday, August 13, 2009

Whoa, TCM, WHOA.

I love Turner Classic Movies. I really, honestly do. I think it is a wonderful channel and one of my favorites, no doubt about it. And now I see that (thanks to an article on the movie blog ropeofsilicon) TCM has released a series of 32 "re-imagined posters" for some classic films. Some of these are really lovely. My two favorites are the following:


These are two of my favorite classics, so I'm happy TCM did a great job with their reinvented posters. But I have to say, I'm a huge fan of contemporary takes on classic movies in general. One of my other favorite examples are what Vanity Fair magazine has done a couple of times in the past. Their 2007 Hollywood Portfolio was a modern take on the film noir genre and involved some of my favorite actors and actresses. And then in 2008 their Hollywood Portfolio was made up of current actors and actresses reenacting famous Hitchcock moments. Both are lovely shoots by Annie Leibovitz.

Anywho, if you're a fan of this sort of thing check out the full set of posters and then the Vanity Fair shoots. All good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment